Welcome to Wemoo!
Wemoo builds technologies and services that enable people to connect with each other, build communities, and grow businesses without fear of being attacked or cancelled simply because of your beliefs, opinions or who you support. Wemoo supports your freedom of expression; as long as you do not use that freedom of expression to maliciously attack another member of our community. These Terms govern your use of Wemoo and the other products, features, apps, services, technologies, and software we offer. These Products are provided to you by Wemoo, LLC.
Wemoo’s products and services covered by these terms are Free. Instead, businesses and organizations pay us to show you ads for their products and services. By using our Products, you agree that we can show you ads that we think will be relevant to you and your interests. We use your personal data to help determine which ads to show you.
We don’t sell your personal data to advertisers, and we don’t share information that directly identifies you (such as your name, email address or other contact information). Instead, advertisers can tell us things like the kind of audience they want to see their ads, and we show those ads to people who may be interested. We provide advertisers with reports about the performance of their ads that help them understand how people are interacting with their content.
Wemoo Bill of Rights & Wrongs
We provide these services to you and others to help advance our mission which is to make social media Free and Fun again without fear of being cancelled simply because of who you support or your beliefs. In exchange, we need you to make the following commitments:
- Who can use Wemoo
When people stand behind their opinions and actions, our community is safer and more accountable. For this reason, you must:
- Use the same name that you use in everyday life.
- Provide accurate information about yourself.
- Create only one account (your own) and use your timeline for personal purposes.
- Not share your password, give access to your Wemoo account to others, or transfer your account to anyone else.
We try to make Wemoo broadly available to everyone, but you cannot use Wemoo if:
- You are a convicted sex offender.
- We've previously disabled your account for violations of our Terms of Service.
- You are prohibited from receiving our products, services, or software under applicable laws.
- Moo Whatcha Wanna Moo at Wemoo.org What you can share and do on Wemoo.
We want people to use Wemoo to express themselves and to share content that is important to them, but not at the expense, safety or well-being of others or the integrity of our community. You therefore agree not to engage in the conduct described below (or to facilitate or support others in doing so):
- That violates these Terms of Service
- Wemoo hates labels and while they can be useful in context to help you explain a position constant use of labels to falsely brand someone or some organization or group is a violation of our terms
- That is unlawful, misleading, discriminatory or fraudulent. That does not mean that you cannot share your opinion.
- That infringes or violates someone else's rights, including their intellectual property rights.
- That attacks another member of the Wemoo Community.
- Your personal page is where you should share your life whatever you want to share: Forums, Blogs and other areas of our platform can be used to post events, gatherings, discussions but again in Forums be Civil.
- DO not go to someone's personal page with the intention to attack shame or out them. That is what forums are for but again the only way we more forward as a society is with civil discussion, facts etc...
- You may not upload viruses or malicious code or do anything that could disable, overburden, or impair the proper working or appearance of our Products.
- You may not access or collect data from our Products using automated means (without our prior permission) or attempt to access data you do not have permission to access.
- You may not upload pornagraphic images or content
We can remove or restrict access to content that is in violation of these provisions.
If we remove content that you have shared in violation of our Community Standards, we’ll let you know and explain any options you have to request another review, unless you seriously or repeatedly violate these Terms or if doing so may expose us or others to legal liability; harm our community of users; compromise or interfere with the integrity or operation of any of our services, systems or Products; where we are restricted due to technical limitations; or where we are prohibited from doing so for legal reasons.
To help support our community, we encourage you to report content or conduct that you believe violates your rights (including intellectual property rights) or our terms and policies.
We also can remove or restrict access to your content, services or information if we determine that doing so is reasonably necessary to avoid or mitigate adverse legal or regulatory impacts to Wemoo.
- The permissions you give us
We need certain permissions from you to provide our services:
- Permission to use content you create and share: Some content that you share or upload, such as photos or videos, may be protected by intellectual property laws.
You own the intellectual property rights (things like copyright or trademarks) in any such content that you create and share on Wemoo. Nothing in these Terms takes away the rights you have to your own content. You are free to share your content with anyone else, wherever you want.
However, to provide our services we need you to give us some legal permissions (known as a ‘license’) to use this content.
- Specifically, when you share, post, or upload content that is covered by intellectual property rights on or in connection with our Products, you grant us a non-exclusive, transferable, sub-licensable, royalty-free, and worldwide license to host, use, distribute, modify, run, copy, publicly perform or display, translate, and create derivative works of your content (consistent with your privacy and application settings). This means, for example, that if you share a photo on Wemoo, you give us permission to store, copy, and share it with others (again, consistent with your settings) such as service providers that support our service or other Wemoo Products you use.This license will end when your content is deleted from our systems.
You can delete content individually or all at once by deleting your account.
When you delete content, it’s no longer visible to other users, however it may continue to exist elsewhere on our systems where:
- immediate deletion is not possible due to technical limitations (in which case, your content will be deleted within a maximum of 90 days from when you delete it);
- your content has been used by others in accordance with this license and they have not deleted it (in which case this license will continue to apply until that content is deleted); or
- where immediate deletion would restrict our ability to:
- investigate or identify illegal activity or violations of our terms and policies (for example, to identify or investigate misuse of our Products or systems);
- comply with a legal obligation, such as the preservation of evidence; or
- comply with a request of a judicial or administrative authority, law enforcement or a government agency;
- in which case, the content will be retained for no longer than is necessary for the purposes for which it has been retained (the exact duration will vary on a case-by-case basis).
In each of the above cases, this license will continue until the content has been fully deleted.Permission to use your name, profile picture, and information about your actions with ads and sponsored content: You give us permission to use your name and profile picture and information about actions you have taken on Wemoo next to or in connection with ads, offers, and other sponsored content that we display across our Products, without any compensation to you. For example, we may show your friends that you are interested in an advertised event or have liked a Page created by a brand that has paid us to display its ads on Wemoo. Ads like this can be seen only by people who have your permission to see the actions you've taken on Wemoo.
- Permission to update software you use or download: If you download or use our software, you give us permission to download and install updates to the software where available.
- Limits on using our intellectual property
If you use content covered by intellectual property rights that we have and make available in our Products (for example, images, designs, videos, or sounds we provide that you add to content you create or share on Wemoo), we retain all rights to that content (but not yours). You can only use our copyrights or trademarks (or any similar marks) as expressly permitted with our prior written permission. You must obtain our written permission (or permission under an open source license) to modify, create derivative works of, decompile, or otherwise attempt to extract source code from us.